AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea of the price and release date of the Infocus HT projector?

------------------

Walter

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I spoke to Infocus's telephone support last week and was told they wanted to hit a Christmas release. No other details, though.

-phil

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Joe, that awesome. If the retail is 4995.00, I can imagine the street price is going to be very attractive for the 720p model.

------------------

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Will this projector use the current 4x3 DMD chip or the new 16x9 chip? If it uses the 4x3 DMD chip then I would like to get the panamorph, will this projector be compatible with this lens?

Thanks

Kenny

·
Registered
411 Posts
If Infocus cane produce a single chip DLP unit using a 720 by 1280 chip for $5,000, then why can't they also produce a high end three chip DLP unit using the same 720 by 1280 chips for under $15,000? Seems to me it should only cost double ($10,000. retail) to use 3 chips vs. one chip as the other costs involved will be almost the same.

Christopher

·
Premium Member
25,550 Posts
Christopher,

I think the optics for separating the light into the component colors, and then recombing them after reflecting off the chips, are pretty pricey.

------------------

Noah

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
The MicroDisplay report linked above mentioned a summer release, which would be great. Maybe the guy I spoke to at InFocus (see my earlier reply) wasn't in the know. Or, maybe they've slipped schedule since January. I'm kinda curious about the 480p number, though. I haven't seen a 480 DLP system in a long time. I wonder if they could have meant a 800x600 panel. Could TI be working on a 853x480 16:9 panel?

-phil

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hello!

Any news on the new InFocus HT series?

According to the mdreport.com I think that the SVGA will have a 848x640 resolution - which is in 16:9 real 480p - and the XGA will be a real 16:9 unit with 1280x720.

In a German magazine I read that the video-electronics comes from Faroujda integrated in a seperate box, which is connected with a single digital cable to the projector. That would be great.

Another magazine reported about more than 1500 Ansi Lumen, would be very suitable for a Greyhawk or DaLite HC.

Thanks, Walter.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The LP130 is a new busineess model. It replaces the LP335.

Greetings, Walter

·
Registered
352 Posts
The LP130 may be a good projector, but it does not belong to the new HT-Series.

http://www.infocushome.com./

http://www.loehneysen.de/ces2001/ces3.html

It is in German, so I translate the important facts:

< 33dB

> 1500 Ansi Lumen !!

RGB-colour whell with faster speed & no white part!

Video processing from Faroujda

separate docking station, connected with one digital cable <= 30m

SVGA...$ 3000,-

XGA....$ 5000,-

I hope this helps, Walter

------------------

Graz, hometown of the Terminator...

·
Registered
62 Posts
FWIW I called Outlaw (assuming they would be using the Infocus projector) last week and told them I was in the market for a $3000 projector and should I hold out for their's. They basically said that wasn't their pricepoint, that they were out to compete with the best (DLP I assume) out there but at a reasonable price, which wasn't mentioned.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
More on the Outlaw, when I spoke to their support person, he said that they hope to make an announcement at next month's Home Entertainment show in NY. He didn't sound 100% certain that they would, but I'm keeping my eyes open for a press release around the 11th of May.

When I spoke to him previously he also mentioned that this wouldn't be a "cheap" projector but didn't give a price. I don't know what he considers to be cheap. I also asked if it was going to be native 16x9 and he said it was. I just hope he knows what I was asking as I didn't probe further. Also, he said that the release is about 2 month away. I guess we'll know more soon if that's the case.

-phil

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
All of this seems to fit with my impressions from my brief talk with InFocus technical guys at CES. They seemed to fully understand the limits and problems with current offerings including inadequate light output, rainbow, poor quality internal processors (plug and play), color issues and too high prices.

There was clearly the intention to learn from everyone else's mistakes and shortcomings and produce a projector that would represent a clear step forward in both technology and price.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Dan

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Joe,

If by F-box you mean the scaler/switcher that I've seen in CES photos and read about on the infocushome web site (I assume you're meaning Faroujda box) I don't think it can be seperated from the projector. They mention that only one wire runs between the two, so I kinda hope that's some sort of proprietary cable that requires the use of the two together. It'd be great if that cable was a digital connection of some sort (DVI w/o HDCP?).

-phil

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, what do you guys advice? Hold out for the new Infocus HT projector or buy an LP340 while waiting?

------------------

Walter

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Unless you and everyone you know is immune to rainbow, I'd hold out. The 340 is a great presentation projector but just doesn't cut it for HT IMO.

Dan

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.