AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time Warner in my area is switching over to all digital, so my trusty HVR-2250 dual analog card as useful anymore. Is there anything else that I can do with it anymore? Or just a paperweight?

As a side note, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the HDHR Prime and get a cable card. I'll probably wait until closer to football season before getting it set up.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Time Warner in my area is switching over to all digital, so my trusty HVR-2250 dual analog card as useful anymore. Is there anything else that I can do with it anymore? Or just a paperweight?

As a side note, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the HDHR Prime and get a cable card. I'll probably wait until closer to football season before getting it set up.
Supposedly, the FM coax jack can be used to pull local radio stations over the air. I tried doing this with an old 2250, but I could never make it work. It should work with windows media center.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yea, I have a collection of them it seems, A PVR500 (dual analog) and 2 PVR 150s, never mind 4 other clear qam tuners that are no longer in use.

I was thinking about dumping the PVR-150 back in because it makes a good FM tuner.

I miss the days when my Home theater PC had 12 tuners, 4 Cablecard, 4 QAM and 4 analog, Never mind the QAM tuners that I had in my Office computer as well... I could NEVER run out of tuners..

I keep them because I will have to move again in a year or so, incase I move into an area that still has clear QAM and analog...

·
Registered
524 Posts

I have one of these that I am using in conjuction with my Ceton InfiniTV 4. A lot of the shows my wife DVR's is from ABC, CBS, and NBC. Using the 2250 to pick up OTA HD stations while the Ceton DVR's just cable channels. Gives me a total of 6 tuners to use as I please. You can edit WMC guide listing to integrate both channel lineups.

Toys

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one of these that I am using in conjuction with my Ceton InfiniTV 4. A lot of the shows my wife DVR's is from ABC, CBS, and NBC. Using the 2250 to pick up OTA HD stations while the Ceton DVR's just cable channels. Gives me a total of 6 tuners to use as I please. You can edit WMC guide listing to integrate both channel lineups.

Toys
Good note - I forgot that it will also do ATSC channels. I will probably just reconfigure it for ATSC...but I have two HDHR dual channel units already configured for ATSC.

With six ATSC tuners, I could almost record every ATSC channel here in Austin :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good note - I forgot that it will also do ATSC channels. I will probably just reconfigure it for ATSC...but I have two HDHR dual channel units already configured for ATSC.

With six ATSC tuners, I could almost record every ATSC channel here in Austin :)
Just a thought, but I used one of the 2250's tuner for interfacing an NTSC signal from a security system feed and the other for OTA ATSC in conjunction with my Ceton PCIE4.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah, the 2250 and 1600/1800 still have limited use due to the ATSC and possible clearQAM tuners. The poor PVR-150 and PVR-500 (essentially two 150s on a single PCI card) -- not so much. Analog only and drivers won't work on any system with = or >4GB RAM. Only the aforementioned possible uses (FM radio, security feed, VCR input conversion!)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I miss the days when my Home theater PC had 12 tuners, 4 Cablecard, 4 QAM and 4 analog, Never mind the QAM tuners that I had in my Office computer as well... I could NEVER run out of tuners..
Our HTPC has access to 12 tuners (6x CableCARD and 6X ATSC/OTA) and none of them are in the HTPC. :D

Reactions: DavidinCT
1 - 11 of 11 Posts