AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Well, I've finally replaced all the optical media players in my house with BRD players. The last unit to go was a D3 (A3). Is there any value to these things along with a bunch of discs or should I just keep it for posterity?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Catfish-There is always Ebay, but not sure if the market for these units/movies have crashed. I have an a1 that still works and I still have a number of discs that are still good, so from time to time I spin them and feel nostalgic and remember the first time I brought the unit home and watched a movie in real high def. I'm keeping mine for posterity and not replacing my hddvd's with blu ray equals unless the A1 dies.

·
Registered
Vizio PQ65-F1, Onkyo TX-RZ810, LG UBK90, Sony BDP-S380, Toshiba HD-XA2, M&K Speakers
1,157 Posts
There is probably not a big market for a D3 (A3 rebadge) beyond parts - probably the internal drive for anyone with a failing A30 or A35 due to the drive going south. But . . you never know . . esp. on EBay . . it amazes me what some people pay for things there.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, looks like I'm donating the unit to a local before-school care program. I'll probably spin up all my discs before doing so (have read about degradation issues) then try to sell them.

Thanks for the replies,

FSH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.