AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony KV-32FX66E with 2 Scart(RGB(sync)) and Scart(Svhs) inputs and I want to run a video card that is capable of running this Tv with Scart(RGB(sync)).

I've been looking at the ATI 9700AIW, with the MP-1 (or MP-2 mod), but will this Output RGB(sync), RGB-HV is no good for me? Or is it?

I contacted ATI tech support (Canadian and European), and they were no help, they said the only connection I can use is S-Vhs to Scart. I'm looking for better!

I know I can Mod a Geforce 2/3/4 with the CX8xxx TV-out chip to have RGB(s), but I'm not happy with the PQ of these chips in S-VHS mode, so I don't expect the RGB(s) output to be that much better. And I'm not impressed with any Geforce solutions so far, I have tried 3: Geforce 4 with SAA7104, Geforce 2mx with CH7004 and Geforce 4MX with internal TVout.

(Fyi I used TvTOOL for the first two, and still was not help with my final output, also, its not my Cables, I have HQ cables)

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The matrox G400, G450 and G550 Dual Head can output in RGB mode for scart. Matrox not sell this cable but you can made your own. You can find pin-out diagrams in the F.A.Q. section of this direction

" http://dzeus.student.utwente.nl/g400/main.html "

I'm in your same situation. I want a good output for my 32 inch panasonic. via scart if posible. I try several posibilities (nvidia with BT696 via svideo, nvidia with internal TVout via svideo , cheap ATI 128rage via svideo and external conversor with FS401 chip from Focus via scart) and none have enough quality.

For the moment, I'm waiting for a better solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.