AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible? I would like my replay to make calls a couple of times a day, so if I make any changes on myreplaytv.com, they are updated faster. If I cannot have the replay make the call more than once per day, is it possible to change the time when it is made?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I don't believe this is directly possible. The ReplayTV system is programmed to call in once a night between about 2:00 AM and 6:00 AM. This varies if it finds some marvelous gem in one of your themes. I got "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" the other night. :D

You can manually request a call-in update by accessing the semi-secret control menu with 243 Zones ( see the FAQ ).

Also, I don't think MyReplayTV will update more than once a night, no matter what you do. And, I wouldn't rely too heavily on MyReplayTV either - I find it more an amusement than a serious reliable tool. ;)

Bye. :cool:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
If you get really creative, like FreezeFrame, you could build a web based remote control. You could then log into your home computer and make all the changes you'd want.

Cheers

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sounds interesting, can you provide me a link to some more info on that?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I think it was FreezeFrame, but it may have been someone else... LearningMan?

Anyone remember?

Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, I don't mean to correct you Crunchy Doodle, but my Showstopper calls twice EVERY NIGHT....once at 2am and once at 4:30am. Still haven't figured out why, but since I am a night person, I run into the "your replay is going to connect to the Replay service....." messages, which I let it do anytime it requests it. (Plus, anytime Replay sends messages to my box, I get two every night) :confused:

Now, there is a manual workaround for stopping it from calling out, and that is to unplug the phone cord and remember to dial out manually (243+Zones, Net Connect) every couple days. It's a little unconventional, but it works! :D

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Zyph

Now, there is a manual workaround for stopping it from calling out, and that is to unplug the phone cord and remember to dial out manually (243+Zones, Net Connect) every couple days. It's a little unconventional, but it works! :D
That is what I do with our Replay in the bedroom. We don't have a phone jack in there. It works fine as long as I don't forget and wait more than a week. Doh!

Cheers!

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Zyph
Well, I don't mean to correct you Crunchy Doodle, but my Showstopper calls twice EVERY NIGHT....once at 2am and once at 4:30am. Still haven't figured out why, but since I am a night person, I run into the "your replay is going to connect to the Replay service....." messages, which I let it do anytime it requests it. (Plus, anytime Replay sends messages to my box, I get two every night) :confused:

Well, you aren't correcting me, since I'm already correct - just ask my mother. :D I don't know why your particular ReplayTV unit ( Showstopper ) calls in twice regularly. Are you sure it's successful each time? Do you get messages that it failed to connect? I have seen mine call in multiple times in one night when it fails to complete the update transaction. Luckily, this doesn't happen often. Is that what you are seeing? :D

Bye. :cool:

·
Registered
246 Posts
if calling between 2am and 6am is ok with you, but you just don't want it calling during a certain time within that range, you can force when it doesn't call in.

just set up a 7 day repeating guaranteed recording for some time in the 2-6am range.

i have two replays, and in the past, there have been issues when they have attempted to call in at the same time. i just set up a guaranteed recording from 2am to 3am. problem fixed (but i "waste" an hour of available space) and you may have to set up a manual recording to get the range you really want.

i'd also be curious to know: if i set up a recording from 2:00 to 5:55, would the replay then attempt to call in at 5:55?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Aw, 'fess up, Mike. That conflict thing is just an excuse.

You're just addicted to infomercials, right?

·
Registered
246 Posts
"addicted" is such a vague word. i prefer "obsessed".

·
Registered
330 Posts
i have three replays all hooked to the same phone line and somehow they have figured out on their own? how to call in each night without conflicting with each other. very very strange.

levytv

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.