AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can kindly give me any advice on how to connect headphones to my lcd monitor. I have a 21.5 acer H213H lcd monitor that I connect to my playstation 3 through hdmi.

This monitor only has an AUDIO IN hole, but has some weak speakers inside the monitor which I can adjust volume through the monitors touch screen controls on the bottom of the frame.

I went to best buy today and the worker told me to buy a simple 10.00 headphone splitter audio cable for mp3 players,

However, when I plug in the headphone splitter audio cable into my acer monitor, there is still sound coming from the monitor itself. And when I put my headphones into the audio cable splitter, same thing. Maybe I need to disable sound on my monitor first because even the audio jack that came with my monitor doesnt stop sound coming from the monitors internal speaker.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated. I am trying to find a way to connect headphones to this monitor so when I play ps3 games through my hdmi to monitor I dont disturb my girlfriend. Thanks in advance to any replies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
788 Posts
Um, first of all, you are not EVER going to get audio output from an AUDIO IN jack.

Secondly, the only thing I can think of is to get an HDMI splitter. Split the HDMI to to something with an HDMI in (like a receiver) which has an audio out like you want and mute your monitor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you don't have a headphone out jack there isn't alot you can do.

You COULD get an RCA to mini jack plug that has male RCA ends on it. You could then use the multi rca audio out on the PS3. You would also need some kind of headphone amp since the signal from the rca's will be a preout and have very little power not to mention no volume control.

I recommend this little dandy: http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=42

·
Registered
3,941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung77 /forum/post/17002914

I am trying to find a way to connect headphones to this monitor so when I play ps3 games through my hdmi to monitor I dont disturb my girlfriend. Thanks in advance to any replies.

That new Choke the Chicken game does have some loud moans and groans. Could see how it might wake the girlfriend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts