AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have DirecTV HDTV with a new triple head LNB antenna which has a built in multiswitch (with four outputs.) Two go on separate coax cables to one HDTV tuner. Can I use a diplexer to combine the other two outputs and put them on a single coax to go to my old non-HDTV tuner? (Right now only one signal goes over that line and I can not record while viewing a different channel.)

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
No. Tuner multiswitch communication is two way. It never works for 2 tuners to send signals over the same cable at the same frequency. Diplexers are for Sat and OTA/CATV which are different frequencies.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
There is a product that will allow two separate inputs to a

DirecTivo over one coax. I don't know what it is called specifically, but remember it is somethinglike signal stacker or stacker something. I do remember that it was pricey.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
A stacker destacker combination shifts the frequency of one signal then combines it at the dish end with the other then shifts and separates it back again at the receiver end. No, I didn't mean lifts and separates.

This only works for Sat A at 101 because it can't handle the 22KHz tone so it isn't practical for HD but will work for just about all SD channels. Sorry for only answering one of the two questions before; tunnel vision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.