AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my theater, I have an XBOX in my rack, and I had jacks put into the front of the riser so I could use XBOX controllers from the front row without draping cables across the whole theater. The problem is the cable run is over 20 feet long, and they don't work. Msoft says there's no way to run controller cables beyond 12 feet. I'm sure that the ingenuity of AVSforum has figured out a way to get longer cables...

Thanks!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Uh they have controller extension cables on ebay for like 1-2$ a piece.. I thik the max etension you can go is around 30 feet using these extension cables.. The longest run i've tried i tihkn is 24ft myself. works fine.. but note that the Xbox - Live headsets crap out when you pass the (i think) 18ft mark with extension cables

·
Registered
754 Posts
And if you want a 'cleaner' install, just spend a few more $$$"s and get the nice wireless controllers.. i've seen some good reviews on here with the Logitech versions.. though haven't used them personally.. i'm sure someone will chime in with their reviews of it.. :)

good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll chime in :)

I love my logitech controller. It's a bit expensive ($70) but definitely worth it. I'm considering getting some extensions so others can play also. I'll have to check ebay since the only extensions I've seen locally are 6 ft ones, which won't do any good for me.

Rob

·
Registered
16,797 Posts
I have gone about 24 feet here as well with controller extensions and they worked fine other than for the LIVE headset [ as stated above ] .

--- Jason

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt the Xbox use the USB standard for their controllers? I know there are issues with USB cable lengths, but I think an ingenuitiive person could hack a USB hub into their Xbox, and that could give you another 12' of run without problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.