AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a few shows I have on my computer and some are in widescreen format but were recorded with black bars on top and bottom. It looks really stupid to have black bars on all 4 sides so I was wondering if theres a zoom thing similar to what zoom player has. I really like the easy interface of WMP9 and its better for my mp3 streaming so I was hoping not to have 3 players on my computer (TheaterTek and WMP9)

· Registered
6,227 Posts
not only zoom, but I need anamorphic stretch...

With HD DVD coming out on WMP and people like transmission doing art house movie downloads etcd it is required not optional for me...

· Registered
6,227 Posts
I was under the impression that the WMA multichannel would not work under ZP ???

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Try YxY?

· Registered
406 Posts
phat - you are correct. no multichannel wma through anything except wmp. according to blight and others, problem is on the ms side as their format doesnt get passed over directshow correctly. hopefully they will fix this 'feature' in the future.

k

· Registered
1,687 Posts
I'm vaugely looking into this. I think it should be possible to write a video plug-in to handle the aspect ratio stuff properly. When I know more I'll post.

John

· Registered
57 Posts
I use the resize in FFDSHOW, if you set the aspect ration to 4:3 (even though you have a 16:9 display) then it streaches the picture to full screen.. thus losing the black bars...

· Registered
57 Posts
you also have to select "no aspect ratio correction" as well as specifying the aspect ratio to 4:3...

Works for me!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
73 Posts
Quote:
hopefully they will fix this 'feature' in the future.
Scheduled to be released along with WMP for Linux. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.