Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it with Pegasus!

I just read all the sweet deals everyone's getting with HDTV and DirecTV, so I called them and was bounced to Pegasus who manages my account. The sales rep said he can't do anything and he was in the same boat himself. I spoke with a manager and they didn't try to do *anything* for me. Nothing... nada. Folks, I've been a subscriber since near the beginning. SOMEWHERE AROUND 10 YEARS!

I really want to rattle somebody's cage, but I don't think I'll get anywhere. Still, does anyone have a contact phone number for some higher level brass at Pegasus?

I'm not the sue-happy type, but I'd love to be in on a class-action suit to force Pegasus to offer the same treatment given to DirecTV customers. We *are* DirecTV customers, after all.

Randog

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the early days, DTV sold off groups of subscribers to Pegasus. Pegasus handles the majority of DTV subscribers in rural America. They have no incentives, their customer support sucks. They suck.

I guess I'm off to dish network...

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by randog
In the early days, DTV sold off groups of subscribers to Pegasus. Pegasus handles the majority of DTV subscribers in rural America. They have no incentives, their customer support sucks. They suck.

I guess I'm off to dish network...
To be technically correct, Directv sold off subscribers to the NRTC of which Pegasus is a member. It's funny because the NRTC sits there and says they are looking out for the rural customers, helping the rural customer to not get price gouged and other things, by companies, Yet here we have Pegasus, an NRTC member, who charge more then Directv themselves, for the exact same programming and on top of that Pegasus doesn't offer anything in terms of deals for existing subscribers.

**EDIT**

Spelling.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Why does it matter if you are rural when no land lines are involved?

One of my co-workers was complaining because she thought she was signing up for DirecTV and then after they installed her system she found out it was Pegasus. Is the pricing structure different or something?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent question. I'd like to hear the response as well.

Pegasus apparently has the right to have their own pricing structure and they do not negotiate like DirecTV does. They basically told me to take a hike when I told them about the E* and D* HDTV incentives.

Randog

·
Registered
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by redline65
Why does it matter if you are rural when no land lines are involved?

One of my co-workers was complaining because she thought she was signing up for DirecTV and then after they installed her system she found out it was Pegasus. Is the pricing structure different or something?
i pay $2 a month more for TC than a D* subscriber for the same package. Plus when you have a problem you have to deal with Pegasus idiots who then have to go the D* idiots. You cannot call D* customer service from a Pegasus area, and they won't answer any email questions about D* programming because you are with Peg. It is a total cluster****!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, I've called them twice since the HD receiver deal was announced...nobody there seems to care. Go to BB and get a nice HD unit, then call us :)

Also, I pay 4.99 x 2 for two TIVO units. Doesn't DTV only charge you once...and you can have as many TIVO units as you want?

·
Registered
877 Posts
The NRTC, Pegasus...both need to go.

They are no longer just occupying the rural areas.

2 years ago I lived in a town of 400 people...my provider, Directv.

I now live in a town of about 28,000 which is in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. To be very specific, I live on the line between Keller and Ft. Worth. My mailing address is Keller but I pay Ft. Worth taxes (which are cheaper).

My point: I am very very far from being in a rural area.

The zipcodes or whatever the NRTC uses is way out of date.

Its a joke.

I want to hold on for the HD Tivo, but it just might be time to give Dish a call.

Neal

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have been feeling the Pegasux pain for almost two years myself.

I went through the headache of getting an HD stb, waiting for the HD pack, trying to get a D* Tivo, and now I dont even want to think about HD Tivo!!

The funny thing is, 5 miles north of me is D* county. We have the same electric company, the same phone company, the same gas company, but we are stuck with Pegasux.

If it wasnt for the lesser quality of E* equip I would have never gone with D*.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.