AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a very bad difficult to adjust mount for my ceiling hung Dukane 9000 I just had installed. I hope to improve this situation in the future, but in the meantime I have trouble doing anything but the most gross adjustments, particularly vertically.

When projecting a 16:9 image (e.g. 1360x768 pixels), it seems like the projector ought to support shifting the image up or down inside its 1024 line vertical resolution. The Position Vertical adjustment of the projector leads you to believe this, as well as the Top / Vertical Start entries for DILARD.

However, when I try to Position Vertical with the projector remote, or Vertical Start in DILARD, the image does shift, however it gets cut off at the top or bottom. That is, the pixels shift up or down, but still get cut off by the same 768 line resolution. This is using the DILARD 16:9 mod and the PowerStrip 1360x768 DILA resolution. Adjusting Top in DILARD doesn't seem to do anything, until the display goes out of synch when you adjust it too much.

Is there a way to do what I want (shift the whole image within the 1024 lines)? I assume I am just going about this the wrong way.

Does adjusting the Position via the projector on-screen menu do the same thing as adjusting Vertical Start in DILARD?

------------------

- Dan Butterfield

·
Registered
884 Posts
I assume you're using PowerStrip to achieve the 1360x768 resolution. If so, then you can use it to adjust the front/back porch vertical settings.

Display Profiles->Configure->Advanced Timing Options, then you can use the arrows to move the image around in the 1024 vertical lines. Once you're happy, save the settings off, and you're all set.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Dan,

It's possible that the Dilard mod you're using has the pixels turned off below the 16:9 image. Do you see light spill?

Try a new Dilard mod from scratch to position your image where you want, then see if that allows you to move the whole image. Make sure you check "apply changes immediately" and go slow, single clicks at a time.

Personally, I leave the positioning adjustments to the projector. They're the easiest to change on the fly and it seems I'm always pushin' the image up or down for one reason or another.

Chris

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe this particular mod does have the pixels turned off below; there is light spill there. I think it's strange that I can't move the image up or down without it just being cut off at the top or bottom. But, I'm just learning most of this stuff!

I tried fiddling with the "porch" settings in PowerStrip as suggested also, but it has the identical effect fiddling with the settings on the projector has: moving the image up or down does wor, but the image is truncated as it moves.

I will try doing a Dilard mod from scratch and see if I have some better luck. BTW, I assume there is a relationship between using the projector menu "position down/up" functions (using the projector IR remote) and Dilard geometry settings. The Dilard settings don't seem to change, though, if I exit the geometry wizard, use the projector remote to adjust the image position, then restart the geometry wizard...

------------------

- Dan Butterfield

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.