Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a great time here.

I have a Shuttle SK41G, but I can't use the front SPDIF in/out port for two reasons: one, my wife freaks when she sees the cable, and two, I can't get it to work with my receiver.

I do have an ATI AIW Radeon 32MB AGP card with TV tuner, etc. It also has SPDIF out. Well, I can only get digital sound with the ATI DVD Player, but I can't play DVD's from a folder with ATI's program, so what I want to do is:

What DVD player other than ATI will use the SPDIF out on the ATI AIW's dongle. I have tried WinDVD Premium at this point, but it only allows me to select the onboard SPDIF, which is the front panel port I can't use. Has anyone ever got this to work?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
The TheaterTek DVD player allows me to use the SPDIF out on my AIW 9700.

Not sure if this would work for your card. You might ask at the TT forums.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't find a demo of TheaterTek, so looks like I can't try that.

I did connect my standalone DVD to my receiver to trouble shoot the optical SPDIF issue. Well, it appears my receiver is a no go, because it doesn't work from the standalone either, only coaxial surround works. That means no DTS because the ATI will not pass through the DTS. Also, I am stuck with the sound out of sync, because it appears ATI's software still plain sucks. Man, time to just eBay this stuff, and stick with standalone equipment. /rant off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.