Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a great time here.

I have a Shuttle SK41G, but I can't use the front SPDIF in/out port for two reasons: one, my wife freaks when she sees the cable, and two, I can't get it to work with my receiver.

I do have an ATI AIW Radeon 32MB AGP card with TV tuner, etc. It also has SPDIF out. Well, I can only get digital sound with the ATI DVD Player, but I can't play DVD's from a folder with ATI's program, so what I want to do is:

What DVD player other than ATI will use the SPDIF out on the ATI AIW's dongle. I have tried WinDVD Premium at this point, but it only allows me to select the onboard SPDIF, which is the front panel port I can't use. Has anyone ever got this to work?

Thanks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't find a demo of TheaterTek, so looks like I can't try that.

I did connect my standalone DVD to my receiver to trouble shoot the optical SPDIF issue. Well, it appears my receiver is a no go, because it doesn't work from the standalone either, only coaxial surround works. That means no DTS because the ATI will not pass through the DTS. Also, I am stuck with the sound out of sync, because it appears ATI's software still plain sucks. Man, time to just eBay this stuff, and stick with standalone equipment. /rant off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.