Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SVonhof
Has anybody heard if if will be broadcast in HD yet? My neighbors have been waiting for it and my party, but if it won't be HD, then why have a big party??
It's being broadcast by Fox, correct? There's your answer.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very Simple.

Its not happening

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Same here, no SB in HD, no party. Lets boycot FOX.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
It is inconcievable that Fox can take two of americas most exciting events(world series,superbowl) and only broadcast in SD.

Major league baseball didn't have the guts to step up to fox, let's hope the NFL steps in.

LJG

·
Registered
219 Posts
Even if they were going to shoot the superbowl in 1080i, I don't believe that most of the FOX stations are able to broadcast the signal?

·
Banned
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LJG
It is inconcievable that Fox can take two of americas most exciting events(world series,superbowl) and only broadcast in SD.

Major league baseball didn't have the guts to step up to fox, let's hope the NFL steps in.

LJG
Huh?????

Not only is it concievable, it is fact. This point has been covered in this forum already ad nauseum. Fox will NOT DO HD! Period.

Rick

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LJG

LJG
Why would you expect the NFL to "step up to fox"? Fox gives them plenty of money to broadcast the game. Do you think the NFL would want to piss off fox? What are they going to say--"broadcast it in HD or take back your money"?

Fox doesn't do HD. Rupert the Ruthless doesn't believe in HD. It's a fact. It's reality. We will get NO HDTV from Rupert.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quote:
Don't know what you guys are talking about here but in Houston we have Fox HDTV on channel 27.1.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Fox does 480p which IS NOT HDTV!!!!!! It might be digital, it might look pretty nice, but the picture can look even better. 720p and 1080i are HDTV.

Please check the following link HDTV FAQ

·
Registered
61 Posts
Isn't 480P a lot better than what we get from Sat TV on the non-HD stations? I know it's not HD but it is important to note that you will get a better picture from the OTA feed than from most cable or Satellite systems. Maybe not?

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beebe

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Fox does 480p which IS NOT HDTV!!!!!! It might be digital, it might look pretty nice, but the picture can look even better. 720p and 1080i are HDTV.

Not necessarily. HD content must be broadcast at 720p or 1080i. But a 720p or 1080i signal can contain a SD source.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry G

Not necessarily. HD content must be broadcast at 720p or 1080i. But a 720p or 1080i signal can contain a SD source.
Seems pretty obvious to me that he was talking about original SOURCE content.

Why does everyone have to over technify simple statements?

Rick

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wirehead_rick

Seems pretty obvious to me that he was talking about original SOURCE content.

Why does everyone have to over technify simple statements?

Rick
I've seen a great deal of confusion over this issue. I simply wanted to clarify. It hardly seems like an issue worthy of your criticism. But I'll certainly keep a close eye on your posts to be sure they fit your own criteria. Now don't ever get overly technical or the overly technical police will be all over you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.