AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im waiting on these sets, depending on pricing and availability im going to choose one, but i havent heard any official pricing or release dates for either. Anyone know anything as of now!?

·
Registered
5 Posts
After CES the launch was slated for June 26th for each of these models. I would not expect to see them available and in stores until mid July.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
UN65D8000 $4,600.00 release late summer. the UN75D9500 will most likely never be released as they said it was a prototype and didn't have plans to release it this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to Engadget, their sources say that this panel will be available for sale in the USA in August. They place the price point at $13,000.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also, according to CNET, Crunchgear and PCWorld, Samsung announced yesterday that the UN75D9500 will ship in Korea later this month. So, this is not a trade-show-only concept TV.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My Samsung UN65D8000 is shipping to me now. They have redesigned the bezel on this hopefully to improve picture quality/previous problems,hopefully. Very excited as I prefer picture quality over design.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the UN65D8000 on pre-order for three months and the retailer still says they have no word when it will be released.

Please let me know where I can purchase this, I can not find anywhere to buy this model.

Thks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Samsung has the UN65D8000 in their inventory. They have approved my request to exchange my UN65C8000 for the 2011 D model. Now I am to wait 2-3 business days for the shipping department to contact me for what they refer to as a "white glove" delivery to set up a day where I am available for the exchange.

I had picture issues with the 2010 model. I sure hope the picture issues have been ironed out. I have been unable to find any reviews on the newer D model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ABT Has them and they say Samsung has redesigned the bezel and it will not be like the un55d8000 and its thicker and is black sounds to me like the bezel is like the C model ? do you know if thats ture ?

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wega22 /forum/post/20552332

I have had the UN65D8000 on pre-order for three months and the retailer still says they have no word when it will be released.

Please let me know where I can purchase this, I can not find anywhere to buy this model.

Thks

I preordered from ABT this February. Megan there is very good to deal with. I confirmed today that this is definitely the 2011 D series and not last years. Their site looks like this 65" bezel has been changed.I am also getting 2011 blu-ray player, 2011 kit. My shipping confirmation says delivery next Thursday.They do have limited supply in now.

I am very excited and remaining positive that all picture problems will be fixed.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav101 /forum/post/0

Samsung has the UN65D8000 in their inventory. They have approved my request to exchange my UN65C8000 for the 2011 D model. Now I am to wait 2-3 business days for the shipping department to contact me for what they refer to as a "white glove" delivery to set up a day where I am available for the exchange.

I had picture issues with the 2010 model. I sure hope the picture issues have been ironed out. I have been unable to find any reviews on the newer D model.

How can I exchange my UN55C8000 with the new model? How you did it? The warranty for my Samsung ends in August but for me I have the feeling that my set does not looks as sharp and vivid as lesser models even though it was setup as dynamic. And the blacks are not "real blacks" as is supposed on 8000 series. Please advise me to see how can Samsung exchange my TV. Also how much difference did you pay for the exchange. Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i called abt and they told me the tvs samsung gave them were un65d8000 but without the new smaller bezel. please post when you receive the television !

·
Vendor
31,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivandog /forum/post/20554276

Samsung has redesigned the bezel and it will not be like the un55d8000 and its thicker and is black sounds to me like the bezel is like the C model ? do you know if thats ture ?

That is correct, no super thin bezel
Same on all the 60" models too.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts