AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all set to be the first on my block (actually starte) to purchase the PannyPT47, but while searching these boards learned of a new Tosh model set to debut shortly. List @$2,400 compared to the $1,900 I could get the Panny for. Shipping cost force me to shop locally, but that's the price of paradise.

I realize that "only three or four more hundred" is rationalizing like a new car salesman, but since it is a 5-8 year investment....Anyone have any insights on this Toshiba? I called the Toshiba distrutor and they said they didn't even have it in their computer yet. As i posted yesterdfay, the Panny PT47 is on display and for sale in a local retailer here in Honolulu. Any opinions on the merits of the two units?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I don't know about the 50H81 but I believe I first saw the 65H80 about Sept or Oct 2000. The nnX81 may come out about the same month.

Rick

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Hawaii-

Paradise must be tough! Anyway, you should be able to see a Tosh 50H81 in about 2-3 weeks. Auto convergence for one. I am not familiar with the other model you speak of...hold off and view for yourself!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.