AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By now the first batch of Yamaha projectors should be in customer's hands. Any first opinions? My local dealer said he will not be getting a demo model because "the economy sucks", but he would order one for me and I would have seven days to return it if I didn't like it. So what do the "early adopters" think of it?

Thanks,

Kent

·
Registered
140 Posts
I saw a demonstration unit in a completely light controlled room. It was straight out of the box so the dealer didn't have it completely optimized. After an hour of tweaking I thought that it was good, but the Sharp was better. The Yamaha was definitely better than the Infocus. Overall, my reason for favoring the Sharp is the processing. Sharp appears to have surpassed Farujoda with its proprietary technology. Colors and contrast levels of the Sharp and the Yamaha were similar. Both of these units leave the Infocus in the dust for a light controlled environment.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Demoed the Sharp and the Yamaha today. My wife and fourteen year old nephew both chose the Yamaha by a large margin for picture quality. They don't read reviews and I value their subjective objectivity.

My nephew thought there was something wrong with the rear speakers at the Sharp demo. Nothing wrong with the speakers, just the rumble coming from the Sharp. Interestingly, there was a Sharp 9000 in the next demo room with comparatively little noise.

I found the Yamaha picture a bit soft but very pleasing. We found ourself's more involved with the movie on the Yamaha. Not very scientific, but it's what we saw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.