AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yep im one....The RX-Z9 is a great sounding amp but is showing its age by not having HDMI inputs (I was hoping the RX-Z10 would address this...but it looks like its CEDIA now for the RX-Z10)

I use the 6 component inputs on my RX-Z9 and with all the HDMI problems that are being reported sometimes i think there is no point in upgrading.

However with HDMI1.3 and 1080p becoming a reality there is now enough of a case to warrant an upgrade to the RX-Z10 in 2008...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a Z9 as an upgrade to my DSP-A1. I had a hard time upgrading the A1 because nothing I tried sounds as clean. The DSP-A1 is a great unit but the Z9 has blown me away with it's clean, natural sound. I just can't say it enough, it really impresses me.

I do have a question for any Z9 owners though. I bought this Z9 used and I can't get the input knob to work. It may be broken but the manual implies that it is disabled under certain conditions having to do with Zone2. Is anyone aware of a configuration or mode condition that would disable the input knob?

Any other hints and tips on the Z9 would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ron

·
Registered
262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexortega /forum/post/9534352

Yep im one....The RX-Z9 is a great sounding amp but is showing its age by not having HDMI inputs (I was hoping the RX-Z10 would address this...but it looks like its CEDIA now for the RX-Z10)

I use the 6 component inputs on my RX-Z9 and with all the HDMI problems that are being reported sometimes i think there is no point in upgrading.

However with HDMI1.3 and 1080p becoming a reality there is now enough of a case to warrant an upgrade to the RX-Z10 in 2008...

its not the RX-Z10 it is called the RX-Z11 that is out right now and from what i have heard about it, the receiver is a monster of a performer!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Curry /forum/post/14038554

I just bought a Z9 as an upgrade to my DSP-A1. I had a hard time upgrading the A1 because nothing I tried sounds as clean. The DSP-A1 is a great unit but the Z9 has blown me away with it's clean, natural sound. I just can't say it enough, it really impresses me.

I do have a question for any Z9 owners though. I bought this Z9 used and I can't get the input knob to work. It may be broken but the manual implies that it is disabled under certain conditions having to do with Zone2. Is anyone aware of a configuration or mode condition that would disable the input knob?

Any other hints and tips on the Z9 would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ron

I bought one on close out last November and I haven't even set it up yet. Mine is replacing an A1 as well. Are you using only the internal amps? I have my A1 front pre outs running to an MX-830 power amp to power the woofers only and the internal A1 amps powering the upper sections of my older Infinity Kappa 8's which are real power hogs. I was going to do the same with the Z9, however it looks like the pre outs are not active when the internal amps are unlike the A1 so I won't be able to do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.