AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately MyHD has just been locking up every so often to the point of I have to reboot my computer to get out of it. I've tried an older version of the software I knew worked and same thing, I reseeded the card and same thing. Anything else I can try?

Chris

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any1?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Any other problems, or just when using MyHD? You could try uninstalling the drivers and app; then reload the latest non-beta version...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I can tell its only with myHD, I watched a whole DVD with no problems. I uninstalled the driver and app and physically deleted the driver too.. reinstalled and it worked without lockup for about 1 day then started again..

chris

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Some other peopel simply get lockups.

Try changing the PCI slots

You can try to *******ize windows and disable ACPI and be sure there is no IRQ sharing.

3/3 P4 E or PE chipsets boards I have or have access to have the EXACT same problem. However, this occurs ONLY on file playback.

I guess Abit, Asus, and MSI make bad motherboards.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, I think im gonna try a virus scan just in case. Its just weird that it would do it all of a sudden when it was working fine for a month straight.

Chris

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I also get periodic lockups on an Asus P4PE, generally when I use file playback.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I get random lockups even after replacing the power supply. It is particularly bad when this happens with the latest software version because when you reboot and try to run MYHD you get a message that says "failed to create empty document". The only known solution is to uninstall and reinstall the software.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have gotten the same "failed to create empty document" message and started to get a bit annoyed - Most of the time it was my fault that the software locked up (changing resolution during playback and other stupid things).

I came up with a tiny work around that saved me some time - try at your own risk.

Right after I had added all of the capture information (West Wing, Alias, Friends, etc...) I exported the MyHD section of the registry to MyHdSettings.reg. It looked like that was where the data seemed to be kept. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Then I double clicked on my MyHdSettings.reg (to merge the data back into the registry) and the capture information and settings were all reset back to where they were prior to the lockup.

During the uninstall, I got the message that a file was in use, so I needed to reboot. I think (sometimes a stretch for me) that a file being left in a bad state is the cause of the message, not a registry setting.

If anyone cares to chime in (that's bad Larry...you don't ever want to do that) feel free. I'm new to this game am by no means an expert (barely an amateur).

Larry

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"During the uninstall, I got the message that a file was in use, so I needed to reboot. I think (sometimes a stretch for me) that a file being left in a bad state is the cause of the message, not a registry setting."

Larry,

That message is generated because you didn't close the MyIRC from the system tray.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've about tried everything I can right now to fix it. Im gonna check MIT's site for Tech support. I've reinstalled the drivers 3 times now and tried different versions all withthe same results. I dont have the money to replace a power supply so thats not really an option. To me it seems like something is dying maybe on the card. It was working fine for a while.

Chris

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by xris2o0o
I've about tried everything I can right now to fix it. Im gonna check MIT's site for Tech support. I've reinstalled the drivers 3 times now and tried different versions all withthe same results. I dont have the money to replace a power supply so thats not really an option. To me it seems like something is dying maybe on the card. It was working fine for a while.

Chris
Why don't you RMA the card back for exchange?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, I did that today.. So hopefully they find out if its broken. I think i'd be happier if it was, since if it isnt then i gotta find whta else is wrong.

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Cliff. The next time I pull a bone headed maneuver, I'll remember that.

Larry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.