AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever bought anything from BUYdotcom? I am thinking of buying the Gray Wolf from there? Is this a good idea?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
It has been a couple years, but I have bought many things from said website (albeit not A/V related). Never had a problem with them; they've been as reliable as Amazon or any other etailer to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just ordered a 92" Graywolf from there yesterday, it is currently at the "Sent to warehouse" step, so I will let you know how it goes; I did choose the free budget shipping option, so it will probably take it's merry time to get here. Still, I couldn't beat $136 shipped for the screen anywhere else.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have ordered several things from www.buy.com (from $25 to $250) and they have all been great experiences. No problems with ordering, shipping or customer support. I would recomend them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update! My Graywolf shipped on the 27th, and according to the tracking #, it should be here tomorrow. That impresses me, considering I selected the free 7-9 day shipping option. I did notice it shipped from Memphis, so perhaps I'm just lucky to be close to a warehouse that had it. So I will say they are pretty dang quick; I will let you know when I get the screen if it arrived in good condition.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yay, it came! In perfect condition, I might add. It was just shipped in the factory Optoma box, but it really didn't have a single dent or anything in the packaging. Took it all out, and the frame and screen are in perfect condition. Now if my projector would just arrive so I can check it out (gets here tomorrow)!

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Buy.com has been around for years...they used to be a bargin place for dvd's. I stopped buying from them several years ago when they reduced their level of after the sale service. I don't know if they still do this, but they were charging customers for customer service via the phone....customer service was free for contacting that dept via email, but if you wanted a live person to talk to, you had to pay for the service. I had a problem with an RC car and all I got was pre-written answers via email vs addressing specifics of my problems. When went to call customer service...there was fee to do so.

Ron

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
buy dot com is great... buy tons of stuff there.... never a hassle & always fast shipment.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I ordered & received my GW screen from them, it arrived quickly and in great shape (one small penny size dent in the back of the casing, which I attribute to FedEx).

Mine had a strong odor which went away after a day or two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.