AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody buy or going to buy their lcd tv at circut city as they are closing all their stores by march and going out of business. They have a good liquidation sale now. Aso going to buy a dvd player there or anything at all

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went to Circuit city today and nothing was on sale, at least advertised with signs. I did see plenty of people and a few with tv boxes, I don't know if the sale was on but the signs weren't.

I personally woudn't buy a TV from a bankrupt co., I don't know how the item was shipped to location or even if disgruntled employees took a hack at the unit or box. I guess I'm paranoid.

I'm waiting to see if they will mark down their monster cable 50 or 75%. Never bought monster and never would at regular price but if it's 75% off then I might jump. I need a few HDMI cables anyway.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious do you think best buy will now be best place to get lcd tv or just go on line. So I wonder who benefits the most with circut city closing for lcd tvs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went there today hoping to get a Sammy LCD at a good price. All they are offering is 10% off on TV's... which still made it higher priced then Amazon.

However I did get a pretty sweet stand for 30% off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Initially, their "sale" price is a farce. They had signs all over the check-out area stating that ALL sales were final. As for price on LCD's, total crap. They had the Samsung 52A650 marked as "was $2699, now $2399". That's just lame. $2699 is the current MSRP. I bet their price was lower than that before they ever put the liquidation sale tag on it. They may have better prices on whatever's left in another month.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yeah, I went to my local one today, not expecting anything crazy like 60% or anything nutty like that on the first day, but was hoping for something better then what they were offering which was basically nothing. I went looking for a Harmony and wanted to check out any Blue ray's, well Best Buy had the same model Harmony for $10 less, and blue ray's were still in the mid to high $300's, I will give it a few more days and head back on Thursday.

I knew it's wasn't going to be great on the first day but basically nothing was not what I expected.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/15583139

The Mods just locked down the last 3 Circuit City threads, but they just keep coming.
Wonder when this one will be locked

Why are they locking them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts