AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, I'm not getting anything on NASA TV. Whenever I go to that channel, I get a "Searching for satellite signal. Please stand by" message. This is the only channel this happens on. I get all other channels in my package just fine.

Anyone else having this trouble, or have any ideas on dealing with the issue?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Have you tried checking other channels on the 119 satellite, 374, 379 455, to make sure you are not having a problem with that satellite?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
374 comes in fine

379 searching for sat signal error (along with NASA TV, it shows the error for a for a few moments, then a black screen, then the error again and so on)

455 searching for sat signal error (along with NASA TV, it shows the error for a for a few moments, then a black screen, then the error again and so on)

Do you, or anyone else, have a list of what channels are on what satellite so I can see if the problem's with specific transponders?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link. I went through on my 3yr old RCA receiver and here's what I've got. I haven't gone through my Hughes E-86 HD receiver yet, but I do know that channels 199 and 509 work fine as of late last night. Also my RCA reveiver is only capable of picking up the 101 and 119 sats, even though my dish has all three LNB's and my E-86 sees all three with >80% signal strength.

Channels that come in fine:

199 (see above)

509 (see above)

Channels that give a "searching for satellite" error

Channels that are not part of my package (call ext. 721 error)

My receiver says that the remaining channels are not available

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, just checked the E-86, and I can get NASA TV, et. al without any difficutly. However, the channel guide seems to have gone screwy since all the D* channels are showing "To be announced" in the guide and all the OTA channels are saying "Local programming".

I also have a second RCA box in another room which exhibits the same problems I detailed above.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Interestingly, I also have problems receiving NASA on my DTC100. However, on my HDVR-2 TiVo, it comes in fine. Both are fed by the same dish, and NASA is the only subscribed channel that the DTC can't seem to get. Never have understood why........

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Does anyone know if Nasa is on the odd or even # transponders? The reason I ask is that I just installed the Sat C kit and I am unable to get the even # transponders on 119. The installer thought it could be the combiner or multiswitch problem. So I am wondering if this was a problem that is already happand is not my equipment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.