AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever scrolled through and checked out some of the Live Streams? Ugh. It's cringe-worthy in the extreme.

I'm not talking about playing games and streaming that. It just kind of is what it is. Here's Bob playing BF4. Okay, I get that.

I'm talking about the Live Camera Streams. It's like a collection of all that is wrong with the Human Race. I see that and I just think "We're doomed."

Just a bunch of fu&^%ng idiots sitting there, staring down (reading comments and questions). Then they open their mouths and reply.

I can count the interesting/entertaining ones I've seen on one hand. I've seen one stream of an old guy playing guitar that was somewhat entertaining, and he was pretty good. Then there was a cool guy from Amsterdam that did DJing, playing songs that people requested and answering questions. He was intelligent, cool and seemed very down-to-Earth. But Jesus Lord for the most part it is fully of the worst of humanity.

And they just sit there. Wouldn't the idea be to actually DO something? To entertain, or engage? They just... sit there.

And the viewers typing in comments are even worse.

I weep for our future.

Reactions: DarrellG

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
The old guy is CIGS, he's very cool and a decent guitarist. There's also a young guy that plays mostly metal, I think his stream is called "the metal couch"..

There's a guy that draws by request, he's damn good and hopefully making a good living from it.

People often stream other games on there by using the camera showing their display, have seen Dark Souls II, Stick of Truth, Titanfall, TLoU and several others.

We also often watch the game streaming, my son luvs to watch the Knack streams.

Beyond that I agree, it's a sad display of our culture and shows how ignorance breeds more ignorance.

Jason

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
lol...don't judge. You're all on the same PS4 they are. If you dont like what you see dont watch.

I dont remember does Sony have a report button separate from twitch/ustream? Maybe something they could look into. However if it comes down to Sony killing playroom versus the idiots being on there...I'd rather sift through the idiots. Livestream using playroom was somehow "unexpected" and I like that its on there.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w  /t/1524588/anybody-ever-look-through-the-ps4-live-streams#post_24538322

Have you ever scrolled through and checked out some of the Live Streams? Ugh. It's cringe-worthy in the extreme.

I'm not talking about playing games and streaming that. It just kind of is what it is. Here's Bob playing BF4. Okay, I get that.

I'm talking about the Live Camera Streams. It's like a collection of all that is wrong with the Human Race. I see that and I just think "We're doomed."

Just a bunch of fu&^%ng idiots sitting there, staring down (reading comments and questions). Then they open their mouths and reply.

I can count the interesting/entertaining ones I've seen on one hand. I've seen one stream of an old guy playing guitar that was somewhat entertaining, and he was pretty good. Then there was a cool guy from Amsterdam that did DJing, playing songs that people requested and answering questions. He was intelligent, cool and seemed very down-to-Earth. But Jesus Lord for the most part it is fully of the worst of humanity.

And they just sit there. Wouldn't the idea be to actually DO something? To entertain, or engage? They just... sit there.

And the viewers typing in comments are even worse.

I weep for our future.

Why watch them then? Maybe they need a filter so we can eliminate certain titles, like Playroom. I do enjoy watching people play other games for a few minutes at a time.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh no, I'm judging!! LOL

And yes, I'm very aware that "not watch" is an option, and I exercise it quite often. But there certainly are some live streams that are interesting and entertaining.

But frankly, (I'm ashamed to admit this), it's actually somewhat entertaining to scroll through and see the level of... awfulness. Hahahahaha!!! (shrug) I aint sayin' it's a good thing, but it IS true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy*  /t/1524588/anybody-ever-look-through-the-ps4-live-streams#post_24540323

lol...don't judge. You're all on the same PS4 they are. If you dont like what you see dont watch.

I dont remember does Sony have a report button separate from twitch/ustream? Maybe something they could look into. However if it comes down to Sony killing playroom versus the idiots being on there...I'd rather sift through the idiots. Livestream using playroom was somehow "unexpected" and I like that its on there.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
When we had cable we used to flip public access on every so often to laugh at whatever idiot was on, gun toting, religious, exercise, or other. Its like a whole new subculture right next to backwoods hillbilly and walmartian.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts