AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anybody has any success (or horror stories!) in purchasing a Samsung TV over the Internet... If you did buy online, who did you buy from?

It seems that I can get a HLN507W/HLN5065W for around $1000 cheaper online versus my local Tweeter. Might be too good to be true...

Greatest appologies if this topic has been beaten to death already... Searched the forums for this info prior to my post, but found nothing.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got my HLM507W online. You are right about the savings. I got a full warranty and in fact I got an extra 6 months for registering it online. The TV was delivered to my door in perfect condition, and has been working flawlessly for 9 months.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scubadiver72
Was wondering if anybody has any success (or horror stories!) in purchasing a Samsung TV over the Internet... If you did buy online, who did you buy from?

It seems that I can get a HLN507W/HLN5065W for around $1000 cheaper online versus my local Tweeter. Might be too good to be true...

Greatest appologies if this topic has been beaten to death already... Searched the forums for this info prior to my post, but found nothing.

Cheers,

Bob
Many people here have gotten their sets over internet from TV Authority at the top of this page they are a sponsor here. They will give you good service. Call them also mention you are a member here and you might get decent price might not be as cheap as your cheapest price online but you won't have to worry about becoming part of a horror story.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would NOT buy a DLP TV over the internet simply because of the risk that you may be sensitive to the rainbow or eye fatigue problems that a lot of people have reported on these sets. That's why I bought mine from CC, and it's going back now.

That's not to say that you couldn't do the same thing with a good e-tailer, however, I really doubt that it would be as easy as at CC. Read the series of articles on Extreme Tech (HDTV Quest...). The author went through several TV's over a few months and wound up with the Sammy DLP. To me, the B&M's give peace of mind that's well worth the extra cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.