AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like it may be a cheaper alternative to the standard RSIC-1 etc, as you can buy it direct from PAC-International for $3.50 a clip, rather than ~$5 for the RSIC-1.

www dot pac-intl.com/smart_clip.htm

I am trying to figure out if that center spacer is a rubber material. If so, it looks like the major differences between this and the RSIC-1 is the thickness of the pad on the bottom, the length of the threaded rubber part on top (and the thickness of the 'threads', this one is made to adjust up to 1" in height), and it doesn't come with a metal ferrule that goes in the center of the rubber part and acts as a washer.

RSIC-1 for reference

www dot soundproofingcompany.com/soundproofing-products/soundproofing-clips/pac-rsic-1/

$3.50/per
shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT135424/it.A/id.544/.f

Anybody ever used these for anything, or ever had one in their hand?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Anybody ever used these for anything, or ever had one in their hand?
Nope, but would be curious to hear what you think if you get one. I'm baffled as to how you get 1" of adjustment. That would indicate to me that there is some sort of mechanical interaction between the center piece and the clip, whereas the RSIC-1 (which I have used) is just rubber in the middle.

There's no acoustical performance data for the leveler. That probably account for the lower price. As soon as it is tested, regardless of the performance, I'm sure the price will go up.

You could call them and say you want to use the RSIC-1 but the ceiling is not level.. Maybe they could indicate whether or not the leveler would be an acceptable alternative. It's probable that they already know how it performs acoustically.

Tim

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,684 Posts
I suspect they will perform just fine, I've used the IB1 clip recommended by soundproofingcompany.com instead of their higher priced clips with success. Basically the RSIC clip without the rubber. You just screw the metal clip to the studs/joists.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts