AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.ohgizmo.com/2005/10/31/wo...ful-subwoofer/

I don't so much doubt that it can recreate sub down to 1Hz..... I just wonder how "musical" it could do this ? 10Hz and below is probably worthless anyway, as I can't imagine what would give you that kind of signal. But 10Hz to 18Hz might feel pretty cool, huh ? Even so, signals below 15Hz are pretty hard to find.

Your thoughts ?

Fish

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
That's just the driver, and won't do anything until you build a box. This has been out for quite some time now - many here would say old news.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might have expected this.....

So, with that said, can you, or anybody else here, direct me to a post that talked about this device way back when ?

Thank you,

Fish

PS, The search / advanced search on this forum, never seems to work for me..... It either finds 9000 things that I wasn't looking for, "OR" it tells me, sorry, no matches. Doh ! :-(

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
I've just conducted a rather simple experimentation with a pc fan. it has three blades missing of it and via passing 3V and 6V though it and switching it back and fourth while holding it my hand carefully. I could feel my whole arm vibrating!

I then placed it on the seat on the armrest and WOW I could feel the lows
, now this has got me thinking.

I'll post additional pictures later after I research more into this later, fascinating.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Simply put a high tech fan,the idea is great.It replaces many huge large displacement classic woofers mounted in a IB configuration. Two rooms(spaces)get a solid dose of abyss deep bass.

$12000 is not bad for those who invested over 100Gs in a high end system and do not mind to pressurise another space of thier home. I am sure if made in more mass quantities these could be had for $5000 or less,then I would not mind getting the fan sub.I prefer to buy another classic sub(like a Gotham in its place)for now.

As subsonic bass this deep,you need only for special effects.Music has not much content below 1Hz(the frequency classic super subs can reach).

Time for the prducers to pump some bass below 16hz to force us audio maniacs to justify these devices.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
When I even mention the word sometimes it felt great with (unrelenting deep lows of abyssal depth) it sounds more like placing x5 buckets each filed with 20 litres of water on top of my head!

Good god man I don't what to crush myself and then subject myself to 4 days of decompression!

But from what I have felt and what can done with a simple small fan I might be onto something here fellas.

What just made me laugh thou was, can you imagine these young kiddies with those boom car sound systems trying to stick that it was monstrosity into there car!

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
Here's what I found about the use of there product ROFLMAO

A smooth $12,900 is what the patented Eminent TRW 17 will sell for (they're not on sale yet). Also, you don't want to actually have the TRW 17 in your main listening room (otherwise your head will explode like the guy in the Simpsons THX trailer). A professional installer has to wire the TRW 17 into your attic or basement, thus creating The World's Largest Subwoofer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.