AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried several places to find a Sat-C kit and the best I have found so far is that it will take 2-3 weeks before it is in. Does anyone have an extra Sat-C kit for sale or know of a place that has it in stock. I have tried several places online like Let's Go Digital, Global Mart, Onecall, etc. Let's Go Digital will till you it will ship it 2-3 days but it is backordered. No one locally has it either. Also, I can't get it through DirecTV because I am a Pegasus subscriber and they rent the DirecTV service through them and have been told by Pegasus that they don't have the Sat-C kits.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

[email protected]

· Registered
4,123 Posts
Did you try RadioShack.com? I'm not sure how many they would have sold since they want 59.95, but if you're desperate you might check. And I suppose a real sneaky person might order one from them (if a phone call verifies stock) and 1 from one of the places that sells them for half that, and then as long as the backordered one came to you in less than a month you could just put that one in the other box and return it to a Radio Shack ;)

· Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will go check out RadioShack.com. I have one ordered from Let's Go Digital but I just don't want to wait 2-3 weeks.

Thanks again,

Mike

· Registered
546 Posts
Let's Go Digital may or may not be as backordered as you think.

I ordered a Sat-C kit from them on 4/24 and the website said it would ship in 2-3 days, so I waited over the weekend. Still no movement, and the word here was that they were really backordered, so I called them to verify the status, and the operator said she would call me back when she talked to their vendor. She didn't.

Then, I placed an order with globalmart.com and they called me back that morning to tell me that they were backordered, so I canceled that order.

Then I decided to pay extra and ordered one from radioshack.com, asking for next-day shipping since I wanted to get it installed on Friday.

Radio Shack then confirmed when I called them that it was in-stock and was being prepared for shipment as we spoke.

So, I called LGD to cancel, but they said, "Hey, we already shipped it. You'll get it on Monday". Called Radio Shack back, but they had already shipped also ! So, now I'll have to return the one I get on Monday. (Got RadioShack's Friday and installed it)

· Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve,

Thanks for the info. I had cancelled the one I ordered from Global Mart cause they informed me it would be 2-3 weeks. I then ordered it from Let's Go Digital on 4-30 so I might just wait a little while to see if it shows up.

Thanks,

Mike

· Super Moderator
19,663 Posts
Steve..

I'd be interested to know if you actually do get the kit on Monday. I've gotten that "we already shipped it" answer when I've tried to cancel orders, before (with other companies).. only to learn they hadn't shipped it, they just didn't want to lose the sale. So, when I get that answer, I ask for the tracking number. If they "can't get that right now" then I cancel the order, anyway. Wouldn't you know that not once has that "already shipped" item arrived?

Food for thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.