AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need about 20' of Theatershield. If anyone has any leftover that they'd like to sell (in any quantity) please PM me.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
264 Posts
Same here. I need about 30' of TS+, 1" thick, in addition to what I've already purchased. I hate to buy a roll for 30'... Please PM me if you've got some to get rid of.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have some left over but I'll need to roll it out to see how much. I'm also thinking of redoing a couple of big sections of the front wall, in which case I will need some of what I have left. I will try to figure out how much I can spare in the next few days and send y'all a message. If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, send me an email to remind me

David
[email protected]

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've got 6 sheets of SelectSound leftover (4' x 8' sheets x 1" thick) from OwensCorning (identical to TheaterShield including acoustical specs and black felt covering on one side).

Thump

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I forgot to note that I also have two BOXES of Knauf 3.0 1" FSK left over. These are 2'x4' 1" thick rigid panels which look just like duct board - yellow fiberglass with foil on one side. I have no clue why I ordered three boxes but I didn't even use one box. This was used on the lower side and rear walls. TheatreShield was used only on the front wall.

David

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thumper, where did you buy the SelectSound from?

·
Registered
184 Posts
All:

I have some left over that I am willing to sell. I think I have about 1/4 of a standard roll of TS+ (1" thick). If any of you are serious, I will make an exact measurement. What is the going rate now? I don't need to make any money on the deal... just cover the cost plus shipping.

Email me at: [email protected]

I will be out of pocket Tues. and Wed. of this coming week. So please be patient for a return email.

Steve.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all these replys. Another member is looking into what he has left for me. If for some reason I can't get it from him, I'll follow up with one of you.

Thumper, how do you like the SelectSound? Is it easy to work with. A local lumber yard attempted to get it for me but they were unsuccessful.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Tim Smith & CGBlack,

I purchased mine through a local building specialties (wholesale) supplier. They carry only ceiling grid systems, dry wall finish products and insulation. The SelectSound product is manufactured by Owens Corning (This supplier carried both OC and JM products but it was easier for them to get the OC for some reason).

It's black all the way through, with black felt applied on one side (obviously made for theaters). It is every bit an equal to TheaterShield: if you look at the performance specs of both products they are so close that the difference IMHO is probably in testing criteria & methods than in actual product differences.

I prefered the sheet type over the roll type as I found it much easier to work with and install. It was installed using small dabs of standard construction adhesive (dabs about 8" on-center) on the backside of the product and pressed into the 1" recesses built into the walls (i.e. no nail or screw heads under the fabric). BTW, it cuts like warm butter with a standard blade knife. I used Mellotone brand UL listed (fire retardant) architectural grade acoustical fabrics as the finish covering (in lieu of Gilfords of Maine cloths).

I paid about $32 a sheet for the SS and it comes in bundles with ten sheets each (each sheet was 48" x 96" x 1"). Took about two weeks to ship in.

FWIW, this material performs great in my HT plus it was easy to work with. Testing with my TerraSonde ATBPro acoustical analyzer (1/12 ocatave RTA and 1/3 octave RT-60) bore this out.

Thumper

·
Registered
303 Posts
I also have a partial roll of TheaterShield left over. I'm in the Seattle area if anyone is interested in purchasing this. You can PM me if you're interested.

Chris

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'm thinking of redoing the large panels on my front wall, so I'm going to keep hold of the TS I have left.

Will this be for a front wall or for side walls? I have two full boxes of 1" thick 2'x4' Knauf rigid fiberglas panels, yellow with a foil back, like duct board.

David

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm planning on making panels surrounded by molding to put on all the walls where necessary. Does the Knauf have the same absorption coefficients?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.