AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have an antenna yet and I'm doing my research. I'm interested in hearing your experience with your antenna setup and how good of a signal you're pulling in.

BTW, does it make any difference whether or not you can see Sutro tower? From my rooftop, I can spot only Sutro's tip.

Thanks very much in advance!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm in South San Fran, on top of that hill with the new houses across from the new Costco on El Camino/Hickey. I tried a Silver Sensor at first - no luck, even though Sutro is just over the hill (no line of sight, the hill blocks the way). I had Robert's Satellite come over, and he suggested & installed a Winegard Yagi. Nice small/compact antenna, you can't even see it from the street. I get ALL digital channels from Sutro, and even more surprising - I get all the San Jose ones too!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinYee:
I get ALL digital channels from Sutro, and even more surprising - I get all the San Jose ones too!
You get digital channel 11? Wow. I can't get it unless I point my antenna in that direction.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Wow, perfect timing!

I tried to hook up yesterday and I got NOTHING (everything was weak or no signal)except kicu 36 with the V-type radio shack indoor antenna and DTC 100.

I live in Crown Clny near 280/Hickey and I am in a lower area since I have apts/trees all round me.

HOA will not allow anything on the roof but only on my patio. What do I do next?

Kevin, Can you mail me Robert's Sat Info? Guess I need some help as to how I can receive OTA and what kinda antenna should I use.

Cheers,

Kishore

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.