AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent all last night reading all the threads about the Panasonic XR55. My plan was to go with a pair of Titan's/Atom's for my mains and eventually move them to the rears. Just curious to see how these mate up the XR receivers? I'm assuming the Paradigms are efficent enough that they should work out well?

Correct me if I'm wrong?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know. Just rececently moved to a new home with a space of 16 x 14. Just out of curiousity, how does 4.0 sound? I don't think I've ever heard that setup?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have digm monitor 11 fronts, atom surrounds, and a acoustech sub running off a Panasonic xr25 with no problems. I have them set up in the family room that opens right up into the dinning room and kitchen making for a pretty big room all together. This setup goes much louder than I could listen to and normally listen to music with the volume at -40 and movies around -30. Any louder than that and my wife will come down stairs yelling at me that I have it to loud.

Our speaker setups are different, but if the xr25 can drive the monitor 11s I wouldn't think it would have any problem getting everything out of atoms/titans.

·
Registered
681 Posts
4.0 was OK but the fault was in how I had the speakers arranged and not the setup. Personally speaking I've never enjoyed direct radiating surrounds and bipoles tend to be more forgiving in placement. I had some mounted on the top of the same backwall that the couch was on and they never sounded distracting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.