AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how many and in what kind of application.

i'm thinking it might be nice to use them for all pre-movie lighting and only use regular white lights if i need to do something that requires a lot of light.

·
Registered
711 Posts
No black lights but my daughter has a disco ball and light bar she sets up in the theater for dance parties with her friends. Does that count?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I use a black light (ceiling) in the short hall which serves as an entryway to my theater. The hall is flanked on each side with red curtains except for one place on the wall where I have an APOLLO 13 poster. The poster is framed by plastic light-absorbent stars that glow spectacularly in the black light of the semi-darkened hallway. Also, the hallway floor is lined on each side with the same stars.

In this particular application, lighting up the stars with a black light creates several nice effects. On the floor, the stars illuminate the path, guiding guests into the light-controlled theater. The glowing stars which frame the APOLLO 13 poster greatly enhance its visual impact, emphasizing the dramatic space scene depicted from the film.

So, I think a black light can be quite useful in a home theater environment, when utilized in a way that creates a more cinematic atmosphere.

Happy home theater-ing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.