AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have 3 970s and 2 960s. I moved one of my 970s last week from downstairs to upstairs and now have a greenish/purplish discoloration on the right side of the screen between the middle and top of the screen, coming inward to about an inch.

I had Sony's local techs come out, who in turn, spent all of 5 minutes and charged me $125, to tell me the tube was going out and it would be $800.

Also, within this 5 minutes, they made 2 calls back to the shop for advice.

From all my research, I'm being told it's fixable from the service menu? I'm not confident enough to venture into it, so, Is there anybody in the Vegas area, or anyone who will be here for a convention who knows these sets?

Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Post a screen pic?

Maybe the Degauss is not working properly. If you are lucky the Degauss "hose" slipped off its mounts or the foam and metal tabs on the back of the CRT dropped during the move. Unplug, keep the TV level and pop the cover. Maybe post a pic of the inside too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers. I'm taking the back off as a last resort if I can't fix the problem. Grayblacks, would you happen to have a step by step through the service menu to adjust the landing? I'm comfortable with the standard settings, but feel the service menu is over my head without a walkthrough.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.