AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how the Mack, CPS, Repair Tech and Best Buy warranties compare to each other? Is there any clear best choice? Especially under what's covered. I almost buy a TV through Best Buy and they mentioned the 4 year Warranty. Would you go with BB or an outside company and why?

·
Vendor
29,843 Posts
No clear best choice in any way, except that in most cases the B & M warranties are way over priced. > for to much information on this subject

I recommend a third party warranty as the service is about the same, the cost is usually 50% off !

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I agree with Chris. There is not a distinct advantage between each of the extended warranty companies. They all provide in-home service warranties that are similar to BB and CC EW. Keep in mind, the 4 years that BB advertises may very well overlap the manufacturer's warranty or starts from the date of purchase, giving you only years:

"Coverage under this Plan expires one (1), two (2), three (3), four (4) or five (5) years from the original product purchase date as stated on your purchase receipt."

For the money CPS, Mack, or Repair Tech, Repair Master is the way to go. You will save hundreds and you will get the same level of service as a B&M store.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.