Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A man on this forum mentioned the release of a 73" samsung,

coming out later this year. Didn't say if it was DLP or what.

Any truth to this?

Thanks, Jimmy O

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Only in the post by Arun Gupta in the "New DLP RPTV's at CES 2004" thread. Arun posted a picture of some information displayed at CES, which implies they will have one out some time this year. You should take a look at this thread - there are a couple of good links within. Arun is a great source of information about DLP's.

Link to post with picture.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...40#post3246940

Link to some summary information about upcoming DLP products.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...55#post3287355

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
EVery DLP they make still suffers from severe color wheel delay, and they are going to go that big before getting even the most basic models to work ideal.

Word to the wise, I have 4 friends that are dealers of multi brands, and they have more problems with units of that brand then any other single unit . It is specifically the DLP line, so be careful there.

All that said, this years is much brighter then prior years and was bright enough that I do see a future in it now, where before I thought it was just going to have to eventually compete on price, because performance wasn't clearly shown to be in the cards.

I am even more impressed though with Sony's movement on LCD from when I bought my CRT 18 months ago and they looked horrible to now having really nice detail and skin tones.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Quote:
EVery DLP they make still suffers from severe color wheel delay
Wow, never heard of that before...certainly not from any of the hundreds of DLP owners and a few ISF techs that post here.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
They did not announce a 73" DLP at CES. They tend not to be secretive about products that are very far in the future so I'm not ovely impressed with the notion that a 73" DLP is coming out anytime soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.