Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have tried mounting it w/ this bracket BT77 , but it doesn't look like it's going to be very secure because of its curvy side.

The installer suggest something w/ a strap for added security, so this is the one I have in mind BT712 . Do you guys think this would work?

I want to know how many of you out there mount their Diva 2.1 to a wall and how you guys do it? Which wall-mount bracket do you use? A bracket that requires me to drill the cabinet is absolutely out of the question.

Or maybe putting it on a stand and take the risk of it being toppled over (the back area is the traffic area)? I don't have any pets, but my mum sometimes baby sit a 2-3 yrs old kid. What do you guys think? Should I risk it?

Joel

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Larry,

Just by looking at the picture, it seems that the BT712 would be more secure, but I could be wrong. Let me know how it goes after you install it. The Vogel's is a lot cheaper than the BT712 though.

Joel

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure there's a lot more people that mount their 2.1 here... c'mon.. speak up! :D

What would you guys do if you're in my case? Mount it or use stand? Which would have more advantage in terms of sound producing? Maybe I'll just go based on that... help??

Joel

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Well, there's always the low-tech (read cheap) approach. Get some shelf brackets and short pieces of shelving at the hardware store and you're all set.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Joel,

Did you get the stands with your 2.1's? I think stand height is ideal. I have some pretty rowdy kids running around too which has made me nervous. I blu tacked the speakers to the stand and then blu tacked the stand to the floor. Even more secure than blu tack are the scotch two sided sticky squares. They make some heavy duty ones that are red and can be had at most hardware stores. It's not perfect, but it would have to be knocked pretty good to go over.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
catapult,

I've thought about that, but my space at the back is pretty limited, I don't think I have enough space for it.. besides, it'll be a lot more hassle for me... and I'm no good w/ installing those... :)

Russ,

I only requested 1 pr of stand as I thought I would mount the 2.1, and use the credit to buy some cables. I will definitely blu-tacking the stand to the speaker, but my floor is carpeted, so can't blu-tack the stand to the floor.. :)

Won't the double sided tape ruin the finish of the speaker?

I think if I can a pretty good price for the stand, I might go for it. I tried knocking over my main speakers, and I'm surprised how stable they are. I knocked over the speaker till it's tilted to 5-10 degree, and it just rock sideways a few time... impressive!

So sound wise, there won't be much difference between stand mounted & wall mounted??

Joel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.