AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't the ideal setup but I have heard of people doing it. I have a couple of 1031Q's and a Barco Data 600. Dish Network is offering a pretty good deal on the 6000 receiver. I need a new receiver anyway and thought this might be my opportunity to be prepared for future CRT upgrades. To get this deal you have to suscribe to a year of HD programming. I was just wondering how safe this would be to run on one of the 1031Q's. Any help is greatly appreciated.

· Registered
7,138 Posts
1080i is 34Khz horiz. scan rate.

Check the specs on the projectors. If they can scan to at least 34Khz then it'll work and be perfectly safe.

Update: I did a search and the 1031Q scans to 36KHz so it's safe. The BD600 goes to 42KHz so it's also safe.

Kal

· Banned
2,582 Posts
I did it onece for a few days and the results were amasing. For some reason the component output of a SAMSUNG DTV receiver did not sync correctly when hooked up to the component input of my line doubler so I used the HD-15 out put to the HD15 in on my doubler and it kicked major ass!

Vic

· Registered
596 Posts
I've got a 1031 in my living room at the moment, hooked up to a Faroudja doubler and a DTC100 for HD.

HD on a 70" wide screen with the 1031 looks fantastic......

With the Dish6000, just be careful NOT to select 720P for an output! This is approx 45KHz Hor scan and could damage the 1031!

As Kal said, the 1031 will scan to 36KHz and 1080I runs at 33.75KHz, so you're perfectly safe there......

Enjoy......Drew

· Registered
6,226 Posts
guys that rtied it already,how eell did it actually resolve 1080i? also i have dish...if i wanted hi-def,is it as simple as calling for the upgraded box?and if i don't watch ANY movie channels is this worth it..?

brickie

· Registered
6,226 Posts
forgot another question,did you guys have to reconverge to watch hi-def?or were you able to use the dish hi-def,and your htpc together without major reconvergence?

brickie

· Registered
157 Posts
I've run 1080i from a MyHD card. Looks great except there is a lot of overscan. The image is much larger than the raster. I've messed with all of the pots on the DA board but can't get the image smaller (within the raster). I don't know if it's inherent to the card timings (which I can't change), or my 1031 is being stubborn. Anyone else using a MyHD card?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.