AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it look like? Watchable or not?

Does the new FAROUJA chip really make superb scaling?

Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Well, i watched SVHS of StarWars Empire Strikes Back.I'm not sure if its close enough to low res laser disc to s-video. I'm sure its the tape that has the problems but any tape all have this problem...the color goes into black and white then to color every so often. I didn't have this with my LCD projector that is 5 years old. I guess the Faroudja couldn't make up it's mind.

·
Registered
312 Posts
See my review of the X1. I started out my viewing with a Men In Black VHS connected via composite only. Amazing picture. Much better than my 46 inch Hitachi tv.

patrick

·
Registered
922 Posts
Very watchable, even quite good. I am watching C-Band Satellite via S-Video and it really looks great on the channels that offer a good signal. If you feed it quality S-Video, it really does look great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for your answers!

One more question:

Do colours look natural? I'm asking because i saw a few DLP pj's ( Sharp m20xa, Infocus ** , but not X1 ) , and colours were sort of "cartoon-like"...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just watched an old classic from my old VHS machine through COMPOSITE! Apart from being a bit soft, the image and colour quality was great. I've decided to get rid of my 60" RPTV as it won't be used anymore. Even my wife, who is not impressed by technology was very impressed and enjoyed the show immensely. The Faroudja processor really is that impressive. I'm not bothering with component wiring, I don't see much variation. S-video for DVD and satellite and composite for the taped stuff. And you don't need a progressive DVD player either, let the X1 handle things. It will and it does!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.