AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it is a completely different burner but I do not have a side by side comparison so you can go on with your life. :) I am tempted though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm curious about that too. I don't need the card slot feature to create slide shows, and for the price difference, could live without the extra recording time. That means that only a PQ difference would get me to buy a 100 over an 80. So far I am leaning heavily toward the 80.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Do the E80 and E100 use the same MPEG encoders? If so, the recording quality of the two models should be about the same when using the same type of input and source material. The E100 does have a firewire input for digitally connecting a digital camcorder. Whether this connection results in superior recording quality from MiniDV or Digital8 camcorders over an analog input has been discussed before, but I do not recall any conclusions being reached.

·
Registered
24 Posts
glennheath

Curious. What software you do use slide shows? And, can you use the chapter advance to go to the next picture? Or strickly timed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.