Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just curious about whether the Definitive Monitor 350's would be good rear surround sound speakers or not? I saw them discounted at a nearby brick and mortor store for about $400/pair. I currently own full size speakers that are not Definitive. They are Infinity Quantum 2 speakers. I assume it doesn't matter that the rears don't match the fronts.... I currently own some cheap Onkyo rear speakers and I figured for about $400 for the pair, would that be a good deal?

http://www.definitivetech.com/loudsp...iomonitor.html

Does anybody own them and use them for that purpose? If you do own them, how did you mount them???

What would be a good alternative if you don't like them?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Edwardr132,

Depending on what front speakers you have depends on what you should do imo.

The price of the 350's is about 20% off retail which is pretty nice. You might be better off using the 350's as fronts. They are a nice sounding speaker and have received good reviews. Give them a shot you can't go wrong with that price point.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I run SM350s as my main speakers (I don't really care for bi-polar fronts). The 350's image very well, and when mated with good sub(s), are EXCELLENT for music listening, as well as Home Theater duty. The SM350's work great with a THX style 80Hz crossover (-3dB point is 57Hz, verified by Chet at Def Tech).

Sorny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.