AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a used Panasonic WJ-MX50 video mixer for recording of church services. I am trying to make sure, though, that I can hold one audio feed through transitions of multiple video feeds. I've looked at the users manual online but it doesn't sepcifically say this would work. I run the only audio feed from our sound board into our current (cheap) mixer but when I crossfade between my video sources, the audio fades (out then back) with the video. I just want to make sure this mixer won't do that. Any comments on this mixer would be appreciated. (hopefully this is the right place for this equipment/question)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Even if the Panasonic would switch audio with the video, you could run your single audio source past the mixer directly into the recording device and just have the video routed through the Panasonic mixer.... Just an idea...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to do as little post production work as possible, so I need the mixer to fade the sound in and out with the video at the beginning and end of my recording. I just need the audio constant no matter what video source I switch to during my recording. Thanks for the suggestion though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts