Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm having problems getting good audio from SoftDVD. When DirectSound is on, I hear "clipping" noises in the background. When I turn DirectSound off, the noise is gone, but there is noticable audio lag in the movie.

I have an AMD 1 Ghz system with a GeForce2 MX video card and a SoundBlaster PCI64 card. I'm using the latest PCI64 drivers (dated WAY back in '99), and I'm using DirectX 8.0a. I also have WinDVD and PowerDVD, and the audio works in both work without a hitch. However, PowerDVD uses wave audio as the default, and when I switch it to use Direct Sound, the clipping noises can be heard in PowerDVD too. All my drives have been DMA-enabled, so there's no problem there.

I'm guessing this is a DirectX compatibility problem with either one of the driver sets or my sound card. Any ideas? Does SoftDVD offer any other audio options?

If I had a choice, I'd stick with WinDVD & PowerDVD. However, SoftDVD is useful for some applications like the Dragon's Lair / Space Ace games, and layer changes on movies are completely seamless, unlike the other software.

Thanks,

Visor

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.