AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a video projector newbie and I have a Panasonic ae500 on the way. Im wondering if the dtc-100 with vga to component adapter is compatable with Panasonic projectors...

The reason I ask is Ive read that some people cant get the dtc-100 to work properly with sony projectors. Any help is HIGHLY apreciated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i've been using the dtc100 with my AE100 for almost 2 years without a problem. i'm using the famous DIY VGA cable using shielded Cat5 described in this legendary thread .

why would you want to use the vga to component adapter when you can go straight from the dtc100 to the ae500 thru vga?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:

why would you want to use the vga to component adapter when you can go straight from the dtc100 to the ae500 thru vga?

Im not to clear on the video side hookup configs...so I could run a straight vga cable to the panny and get regular programming/high def. etc ?

Well one reason would be component video switching in my receiver that I could take advantage of I guess.

Would the straight vga connection be of better quality then getting the vga to component adapter hooked up to a pre-pro ? (I will have to have a 30 ft cable, are long vga cables fairly cheap?)

GOOD to hear that you didnt have any compatibilty issues...I guess if you didnt haveany issues with that panny model it shouldnt be a problem with the ae500

·
Registered
102 Posts
yep,

the only connection between my ae100 and my dtc100 is a vga (cat5) cable.

long vga cables are much cheaper than component. check this out, you'll see:
http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orde...rch&search=VGA

i don't know what all your pre-pro does, but I'd say you'd get a great image with just the vga (not sure what the native resolution of the ae500 is, and if you'd need any processing done on your input signal).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.