Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

would be great if someone could post an working .gml file for Girder. Can't get the given DVD2LCD.gml to work with Zoomplayer (a single command works great).

Since i'm a Girder newbie it would be great to have an example like:

Winamp

Zoomplayer

Clock

Clock is activated if Zoom and Winamp are closed.

THX

Mucki

·
Registered
146 Posts
DVD2LCD.gml does work for me (which probably isn't a surprise to you).

Can you say more about how it doesn't work for you? Is the problem that your LCD is smaller than the 20x4 that sample is designed for?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WinDVD work with the DVD2LCD.gml but Zoomplayer does not show any infos. (CY 20x4)

So i made my own .gml and it works just fine.

Just a few problems left:

- the Zoomplayer.OSD will no longer work with Zoomplayer 2.60 RC1

So i tested this with Zoomplayer 2.50 with following Problem:

- While playing a media file with Zoomplayer the ZoomPlayer.OSD event doesn't display anything. Pause and Play the file again in Zoomplayer will show immediatly the needed info. While playing a DVD and using the ZoomPlayer.DVD.Domain event there is no such behavior.

I want to display something in the first line all the time so i:

- create a command 'OnOpenGirder' using the plugin Alarm Timer 1.2. Set the Timer ID to 1 / Timeout (ms) to 60000 / On Start/Cancel/End link to my headline

- the headline is an command using the LCDplugin - set Type to Current Date/Time / Value to 'TEXT %#I:%M%p' / Row 0 Column 2 Rest of Line

With this configuration following happens

- Windows Starts and Girder is set to autostart with Windows.

- My Text and the Time appears immediatly.

- Opening Zoomplayer shows me the needed infos

- Closing Zoomplayer close the display, too and i have to wait 60000ms to see my text and the time again.

So i tried to configure the Zoomplayer.Close Display with a Girder command 'Goto' my headline. But i still have to wait 60000ms to see it.

The DVDSpy Disc.Insert event:

just tested the insert event with the following command:

C:\\Programme\\ZoomPlayer\\zplayer.exe e:\\mpeg2\\*.mpg

Girder says something like command not found....

Cut copy and paste this command at Start/'Ausführen' works perfect...

Any ideas MMcM?

THX

Mucki

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@MMcM please respond to this questions.

Only a few Problems left.

- why does ZoomPlayer.OSD doesn't show anything with the new ZP 2.60 RC1??? And why does ZoomPlayer.OSD does not shot the infos immediatly-only when pressing pause/stop?

- whats the best way to show an text in the first line all the time?

- i also made an command Disc.Eject to close Zoom. Works great but if Zoom is playing from the DVD-Rom and i eject it, Zoom cries where his media may be and don't respond anymore...

- and a tip how to autoplay DVDs with the Disc.Insert would be great. right now i'm looking for file exists e:\\video_ts\\*.inf and start Zoomplayer. But how to autostart a this DVD? (Autostart SVCD and VCD works great)

THX

Marlboro

·
Registered
146 Posts
ZoomPlayer changed how its on-screen display works between 2.60b2.1 and 2.60rc1. Nothing wrong or unusual about that, but DVDSpy will need to react.

ZoomPlayer.OSD is triggered whenever the (green) OSD window comes up. Play and pause are examples of times when ZP displays such a message. Likewise stop, eject, and skip forward. Normal playback does not, though. For that, you need to intercept another event. You might want to run ZoomPlayer together with the Girder Logger plug-in to see what events happen when.

To display text, such as the current time, in the first line, you can use Alarm Timer, as you already seem to be doing. I am not sure what more I can say. What specific problem are you still having with your current approach?

ZoomPlayer should stop automatically when the disc is ejected. It did at one time. If it does not any more, then perhaps there is a bug. Once that is working, you should be able to close it from Girder. If it hangs, though, there is not much Girder can do.

To autoplay, I think you want /DVD /PLAY as command line arguments to zplayer. Keep in mind that command line arguments go into the Step Size text box of the Execute command in Girder. Only the .EXE file name goes into the Program box. You are not the first person to be confused by this.

I hope that this helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THX MMcM

my LCD setup is almost finished.

Yes i use the alarm plugin onopengirder to display text and the time in the first line.

But e.g. i open Zoomplayer and close Zoomplayer Zoomplayer.Close shut down the display. Then it takes 60 sec. for the Time Display command to display my time and text again. Sure, its possible to make the intervall smaller but i thougt there would be an option to display this text all the time.

Would be a great feature if the 'Clear' command of LCDplugin would really clear only rows. Tested this with every row but only the whole display is cleared everytime.

The Problem with Zoomplayer and the DVDSpy command Disc.Eject is the following:

e.g. Zoom is playing an SVCD and you eject the CD directly at the DVDRom, then Zoom gives an error message where the media may be (on my system Zoom doesn't even react anymore).

Blight mentioned to use the Eject given within Zoom, but i really want to control it exclusive with Girder.

Mucki

·
Registered
146 Posts
(No need for the bump. It didn't make me get around to checking AVS any sooner. ;) )

It sounds like you want the Close event to first clear the display and then refresh the time. Two commands. The second one can just be a Goto the same place as the Alarm timer's End action goes. Have you tried this?

If you want to just clear some of the lines, you can display the empty string with rest of line starting at column 0 of each of them. The LCD's own commands don't provide a simpler way to do this, so the Girder plug-in doesn't either. I still feel that it would be simpler to just clear the whole display and then immediately refresh the time, though.

There is not much I can suggest if ZoomPlayer itself is not behaving as you would like. You could use Girder to control the error dialog that it displays when the media vanishes. I imagine it has a choice to stop playback. Something like Wait for Window with a Target of the appropriate dialog and then Command / Keyboard on that button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.