AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I tried to rip a blu ray disc with anyDVD HD to my HTPC. It came out pretty good but not exactly as the original. The ISO is darker. Is it possible to get an exact duplicate by doing that? I just choose the rip to iso option and used virtual clone drive to play it. Thanks for any advice on the subject!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys!

Yes, I played the original on a PS3 and the iso thru my wannabe HTPC with virtual clone drive. The original was brighter and sharper although the copy looked pretty good. The copy also was cropped just a bit more on the top and bottom and also just a tad on the sides. Where the original filled the screen side to side. The HTPC is hooked to a Sony 60" SXRD.

But that's the answer I was hoping for in that the copy should be identical to the original if ripped in that fashion. Now say I wanted to work with the ISO and convert that to a .mkv file. I'm guessing working with the ISO will be exactly like working with the original in that sense?

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
71 Posts
A ripped disk with AnyDVD HD to ISO is a 1:1 copy. It does not alter anything on the disk, except if you choose to remove any disk protection mechanism(s); i.e. BD+ and/or AACS. If you are comparing the output between your PS3 and HTPC, and the PS3 produces a better picture then the issue is either with the software player or the driver calibration/configuration, not the ripped ISO. There are plenty of threads here on how to calibrate your HTPC for HD and SD playback. I would suggest you use the Forum Search tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.