AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Mits now supporting DVI/HDCP, is anyone planning on adding their new STB which is primarily for LCD and plasma units? This new STB will add 1394 and networking to any display. The stb acts as a network hub.

"Mitsubishi also rolled out its "New Promise," second-generation technology that upgrades its "HD-upgradeable" sets to full HD-capable. Last year, the Promise was a servicer-installed module that attached to the rear of the set. This year, it's a super-set-top box that can serve as both an HDTV receiver and a home network controller. The HD-5000 HDTV Receiver/Controller, available this spring for $1,699, sports two analog tuners, one digital tuner, component and DVI/HDCP connections, three FireWire connections for networking A/V components, HAVi software, and NetCommand. New with the HD-5000 is its ability to work with any vendor's HDTV monitor, including front projectors, plasmas and LCDs. Said Zanfino of the HD-5000, "We took the guts of an integrated TV sans the display and put it in a box."

This unit will allow use of the new Dish 211 with your existing display.

http://www.dealerscope.com/doc/277507102180528.bsp

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I would be interested if it were say half the price they are asking.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I am still not interested until we start talking like $699.

Mark

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Also, this gets very compelling if the VividLogic PVR software is even halfway decent. I could record a show on each of my PCs simultaneously. Oooooh!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
What ever happened to this unit??

·
Registered
256 Posts
To my knowledge, it still hasn't arrived on the shelves.

kippjones, I second Rogo's question. Any idea if this works with the Vividlogic Firebus software?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.