AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are going to my mother-in-law's place, in Tarrytown, NY, for Christmas. We'll take the train down to the City on the 23rd or 24th. I was thinking of stopping by the Sony store, which is on 56th St between 5th and Madison. I was wondering if they might have the HS10 on display there. Anyone in the NYC area happen to wander into the store and see if the projector is there?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I was there once but not recently .. if you going to buy HS10 there you will pay $3K + 8.25% tax ... But I don't think they will carry HS10 .. THeir MAIN display is Sony Playstation 2 and couple more Sony gadgets . Nothing special...... The store is small, so they can't carry too many items

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I wasn't planning to buy one there. I just wanted to see if they had one there as a demo model. I haven't had a chance to see one yet.

·
Registered
857 Posts
still check out the store, but don't hold your breath . Even when you go to other AV dealers in manhattan, most of those PRICS only carry $17K + DLPs, and don't consider LCDs as Home Theater PJs

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will stop by the store. I'm a computer programmer. I've never been to the store, but my geeky co-worker told me it's a fantastic place.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Mike

I work by the Sony store they do not have Hs 10. But they have just about every other product, it's a cool place. The store is divied in to two parts with seprate entraces. On the left it's mostly playstation ,mini systems and portables that is the smaller store. On the right side on the top floor is computers and cameras. Go downstairs thats were they have all the home theater stuff. From entry level to all ES components .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by letMeIn
well well . small world.. Im a programmer as well .. C++ Unemployed but still a programmer lol
I'm a Visual C++ Windows guy, now doing a lot of C# with .NET. I was unemployed from November 2001 until March of this year. It sucked. Hang in there though. Sooner or later companies will realize they need people like you and me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rafael Taveras
Hi Mike

I work by the Sony store the y do not have Hs 10. But they have just about every other product, it's a cool place. The store is divied in to two parts with seprate entraces. On the left it's mostly playstation ,mini systems and portables that is the smaller store. On the right side on the top floor is computers and cameras. Go downstairs thats were they have all the home theater stuff. From entry level to all ES components .
Cool. Even without the HS10 it sounds like it's worth the trip. We're going to go see the tree at Rockefeller Plaza anyway, and the Sony store is pretty close by. It's a drag to get into the city from Tarrytown though. My mother-in-law used to live in Morningside Heights (Broadway and 115th) right off the River, so getting to Midtown, the Village, SoHo, whatever, was just a subway ride. One big plus - her house in Tarrytown has four bathrooms, versus her old apt in the City which only had one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Mike

Very small wolrd . I went to school in Tarrytown NY. St. Vincents de Paul a bording school that was closed about 1976. I also live in Morningside Heights the nothern end in Harlem (Broadway and Riverside Drive 143rd st) . Since your going to Rockefeller Plaza you might also want to stop by Harvey. Its on 45th between 5th and 6th avenue. It's a high end store. The have very nice hometheater rooms. A store like this gives you great ideas on how to set up a theater in your home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.