AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the one with Michael McDonald, Donald Fegan and Boz Scaggs. I was really looking forward to this release, but I read some reviews stating the audio sucks. Anybody have it yet??

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well, I just listened to it, and it sounds fantastic. Audio is available as stereo PCM 48 kHz 16-bit, or 5.1 dts-HD Master Audio 16-bit. Both sound great.

I can imagine why some people might complain, but I don't think it's justified:

1) these guys are older and their voices aren't the same as they were in their prime, but they're still very good

2) it's a live show so you can't just mix up the soloist without also bringing up the sound of the rest of the band on stage

But those excuses just don't hold up. It's a great show, and sounds great in both tracks (there's also a Dolby Digital track, but why bother?).

Recommended,

Mike

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
As a member of the 50+ club, I can recommend this disc. I have the br version. Sq and pq are quite good and I like the diversity if the track list.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Thanks, guys. Just bought it on your recommendations. Huge SD and Donald Fagen fan. Also like Boz Scaggs and appreciate Michael McDonald's vocal work with SD. Looking forward to this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts