Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My first time posting here and I must say there is a ton of useful info here.

Anyways, I am going to buy a Pio 503cmx and trying to decide whether or not to buy it from AVDeals (on line purchase) or a local chain store (Audio Video Unlimited).

AVDeals is offering the Pio for over $1500 CDN less than the local store and I am wondering if anybody has any experience dealing with them or has any advice they can give.

My only stipulation is that i wish to purchase from a Canadian company to save on any duties and the exchange rate.

Thanks in advanced,

Les

·
Registered
157 Posts
Please note i don't think you have to pay duty to source from the US, just a small brokerage fee. Check out www.plasma.com which is a sister site of avdeals.ca. Their pricing is way lower than Canada and all you have to pay is GST, no PST for BC and a $200 shipping brokerage fee.

·
Registered
707 Posts
If the "country of orgin" is the US (I think this means that it has to be manufactured in the US) then according to NAFTA no duties will be due.

You could look at website called borderfree.com which includes various online companies that will ship to Canada and include all duties and taxes in Canadian dollars so that you know what amount you will have to pay in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input!

I guess i was hoping to find out if anybody had any experience with AVdeals to report.

Its a quite a bit of money to be spending with a company and i just wanted to see if anyone had dealings with them.

Thanks again,

Les

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.