AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this online retailer and came up with nothing. I was hoping to find some feedback on this company because of their straightforward shipping to Canada.

Anyone have experience with them or know of another company with a good reputation of shipping to Canada?

thanks

Mat

·
Registered
157 Posts
i almost bought from them but i decided to go local as i got a reasonable price and i had a lot of worries about warranty etc. That being said the prices from plasma.com are WAY less than anywhere up here.

Note that the company is actually based in Oakville ON, see the contact info. notice that you must pay GST and PST to send to toronto. I gather that they have a warehouse down there somewhere. They also have a canadian site www.avdeals.ca

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, i checked out www.avdeals.ca but ordering from www.plasma.com (which i'm assuming they're affiliated with) is FAR cheaper, even when taking currency exchange, duty and taxes into account.

I was thinking that i'd risk ordering from them and if, in the future, i do have trouble with the plasma, i wouldn't feel bad shipping it to the States to be serviced because of the $1000+ i saved.

Mat

·
Registered
157 Posts
mat, your other option is to go to a local retailer and make an offer, perhaps they will go down on price enough so its no longer such a big gap and you could live with it. Whatever you do, let the board know, especially how it works out. I looked for feedback on the same companies and could find nothing. BTW Jim Bowden, a powerposter round here and fellow torontonian, bought from some retailer in texas i think (forgot the name) and had a great experience....

good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like this site might be OK. I looked at their prices and models, and they have relatively competitive prices and current models. Also, they appear to take credit cards. You could probably find slightly better prices elsewhere if you want to spend time searching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.