AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying my Sony XS955 from either Tweeter, which most of you said was reliable, or DataVision. I recently found Datavision to be about 60 bucks cheaper after all is said and done.

Anyone ever had experiences with Datavision? Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
unless they are an authorized Sony Dealer or an AVS sponsor

I would aviod like the plague

and I doubt they are an authorized dealer if you just found them online

and at least if they are an AVS sponsor, they will most likely not send you a broken TV, a used TV, or not send anything at all

and you have a much better chance for support if anything goes wrong

when I bought my XS955 Crutchfield, it was only 60 dollars more,Crutchfield is an authorized dealer, they offered finiancing (which I doubt the online reseller will), and they gave me free shipping

I would have never risked over a 1000 dollars to save 60

I bought from Crutchfield

you should buy from Tweeter

also you should know that unless the dealer is an authorized dealer

you have no Sony warranty

you have a Datavision warranty

meaning if anything is wrong, you paid for the shipping back to them

and then they will fix it for you

·
Registered
398 Posts
I bought a Sony HS20 projector from Datavision about 2 years ago. It took a while since the units were on backorder, but I received it within 2 weeks or so. Datavision is A-Ok. Good luck

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRaiders45
I'm buying my Sony XS955 from either Tweeter, which most of you said was reliable, or DataVision. I recently found Datavision to be about 60 bucks cheaper after all is said and done.

Anyone ever had experiences with Datavision? Thoughts?
I've never heard of em, but i just checked resellerratings dot com and they report a below average score (3.33 out of a possible 10) and only a few reviews, one of them very bad. I'd avoid them myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, I think I will go ahead and purchse from Tweeter. Are they an authorized Sony dealer? I've been looking around the site and I guess I just don't know where to look to find out.

My friend bought his Sony from Best Buy, and bought the Sony warranty online. Is that because BB is an authorized Sony dealer? I was hoping to be able to do the same with Tweeter.

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
Best Buy and Tweeter are both authorized dealers

you get the Sony warranty when you buy a TV from either of them

usually non authorzied dealers are only found online

if you are still wondering ask tweeter and tell them why

they might give you another 50 or 60 off

or call Sony

Quote:
I bought a Sony HS20 projector from Datavision about 2 years ago. It took a while since the units were on backorder, but I received it within 2 weeks or so. Datavision is A-Ok. Good luck
I usually do not say this type of stuff

but you work for Datavision? worthwise how did you find this thread, just lurking?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I bought from Datavision a couple of years ago, no problems encountered. Machine is still ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.