AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never used them(and it looks like I never will), but this sounds ridiculous to say the least. Did the site mention returns on special orders? Did they tell you when you ordered that this was a "special order". Regardless, a 50% restocking fee is robbery pure and simple.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just checked this site. How is this item a special order when they have 6 in stock? Also, I saw no restocking fee on the UK version while the US version had a 15% fee for some returns.

I'd call back and get a different Customer Service person on the phone. If they still tell you the same BS, I'd ask them to point out where on the site they indicate 50% restocking fees. Also, I'd find out why this is a "special order" when they appear to have them in stock.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I have used them, I bought a Radeon AIW card which I wasn't happy with. It took a lot of effort to get them to take it back but I got there in the end. They take even longer to make the refund, last time I checked my credit card they still hadn't refunded me, 6 weeks after I returned the card.

Jeff

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have purchased an Infocus LP340 from insight.com - actually, the UK "branch". I want to return it now, and the people there are telling me that since they special ordered this model, they normally wouldn't take it back again, but just for me, they're willing to take it back with a 50% "restocking fee".

Their website's "Terms and Conditions of Sale" page is very clear about their "money back guarantee" which states that they take items back within 30 days with full refund.

Has anyone else had experience with this company?

Arg.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks to all for your comments and support!

Especially the fact that they have - today - 39 of this model in stock, which clearly indicates that this is not in any way a "special order" for them!

Marc

·
Registered
184 Posts
One more issue to consider is your credit card policy. My American Express' terms state that for ANY charge, a 30-day no-questions asked return policy applies. If I used the card, I could simply call AMEX and tell them I was returning the item. They would issue me a credit with the agreement that I return the item ASAP.

Many credit cards have similar terms. Check out the fine-print on your card or call customer service for more information. I'll bet you have some recourse from the credit card company.

Best of luck,

Cooter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.